Wednesday 14 October 2015

4 Easy-To-Make Healthy Halloween Treats.

Just like the ying-yang concept; everything in life is at a balance.And so,for every bad there is an alternate good.Point in application,for every unhealthy chow, there is a substitute healthy one.Over the years,it's been the common Halloween tradition to junk on candy, right?Well,guess what?You don't have to break your healthy routine this halloween.Yeeiy!!Do get on board and cure your sweet tooth with these undeniably, honeyed, healthy munch ons.Yum.Don't you worry your pretty little heart,there is enough room for both of us and the rest of the world :).My plank card says this is a fun filled zoned,infinitely go all in.


Ghost Bananas(Boonanas)





 Freaky banana ghosts.
1.Peel off two fresh bananas and secure a few  raisins.
2.Slice the bananas into halves.
3.Press in two raisins to create the ghosts' eyes.
4.Munch 'em...
4.1.Om..nom...nom...



Pumpkin tangarines.





1.Get a number of tangarines depending on how many you would love to prepare and a    few stalks of parsley(dhania) .Make sure they are fresh.
   Organics should always be fresh for consumption,if otherwise do not consume.



 2.Peel off the tangarines and dice your 
     parsley into small stalk sections.
 3.Take the pieces and make pumpkin 'stalks' with them on the tangarines.



 4.You never can forget to munch up, can you?


 Ghost bananas in drippy white goo.


1.You will need: yoghurt,

                           one banana,
                           raisins,
                           two clear glasses and,
                           two other fruits of your choice.
I bought plain yoghurt because it has the least in calorie count compared to the flavoured ones.If you can't do without flavour you might as well not hold back.Feel free to customise this recipe to your preferences.




 I used diced chunks of watermelon and juicy pineapple.Again feel free to customise and use any other fruits of your choice.

2.Peel you banana and slice into two halves.
3.Put you fruit chunks into the glasses equally.
4.Take you sliced banana halves and put them into the glasses in upright position then pour your  yoghurt over the fruits chunks.When done do the same with the bananas.
5.Once all are covered with yoghurt.Take your raisins and create eyes for the gooy ghost bananas.
   And booo!!



Jack-o'-lanterns.



1.Get a marker pen with a round tip and a number of oranges.(I got mine for just sh.50 at Tusky's.)



2.Draw on them scary halloween faces then do them some justice.
3.Slurp...Burp!!




I did this post last year but somehow when I installed the Blogger app on my phone, it mysteriously disappeared.Okay...not really mysteriously.Uumh...You know when you get a new app and it doesn't come with a tutorial so you decide to become your own sensei?Having decided to sail close to the wind,I started clicking on the icon options displayed,in my defence, I saw no bin icon.Then in a wrong click, my hard work flashed before my eyes never to be seen again.Gone. *clutches chest*.Thence, I ended up making a mental note:I should have just stayed a grasshopper.No?


Luckily,a few months back I was going through my blog using my laptop and found the original post saved under drafts *cartwheels*...with abit of tweaking,the rest is now history.

Who said Halloween has to be a candied cliche?Certainly not me.This Halloween be sure to scare your insides into shape.My hope is you'll have a fun-filled,break-from-the-bad-calorie Halloween.Sigh.So many words, ne?I guess what am trying to say is Happy Healthy Halloween  folks.
Om nom nom nom....





 

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha it's the 10lbs of candy that will go to my rear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..or trunk.Its crazy out here if only bikini bods came easy,Sigh.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing...I wonder where you get your inspiration from...I'll definitely try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Agnes :) you should.Be sure to tag me on your photos on my IG handle @krisloiya when you do. Thanx for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Well...that's a good read. You just saved me from future embarrassment, but you know what they say..."Ignorance is Bliss." Keep em coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kevin :).Am glad to have been this Halloween's superhero :P.I surely will keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete